Contact Us Today For Help!

Tuscaloosa Drug Crime / Offense Lawyer


If you have been charged with a serious drug crime, it is essential that you consult with a drug crime lawyer as soon as possible. We will work aggressively to defend your rights and freedom. We have obtained many positive outcomes for our clients charged with very serious and complex drug crime charges.

The quantity and type of drug involved in your individual case will play a role in the penalties that you may face.  We have provided support and legal guidance for clients charged with ALL types of drug crimes and charges.

We represent people charged with ALL FEDERAL & STATE drug crimes and offenses:

  • Conspiracy to import, transport, manufacture or distribute drugs
  • Drug possession
  • Drug sales or trafficking, including possession with intent to deliver
  • Illegal possession or distribution of prescription drugs
  • Manufacture and delivery charges

We can help you understand:

  • How can you win or reduce drug crime charges?
  • How much do drug crime defense lawyers cost?
  • How to choose a drug crime defense attorney?
  • What drug crimes are federal?
  • What drug crimes are felonies?
  • When you need to hire a drug crime defense lawyer?
  • Who to hire to represent you?
  • Why it is important to hire a drug crime lawyer if you have been charged or accused?
  • Why you may need to hire a drug crime defense attorney?


How to Win a Drug Crime Case?

Some Common Drug Crime Defenses

  • Drugs belonged to another person 
  • Entrapment 
  • Evidence is missing 
  • Planted Drugs 
  • Preliminary Hearing / Probable Cause 
  • Unlawful Search & Seizure 

The following questions and answers are general in nature and are not intended as legal advice.


Jason C. Neff represents clients in all courts, not only in Tuscaloosa County.  

  • Tuscaloosa Municipal Court
  • Tuscaloosa County District Court
  • Tuscaloosa County Circuit Court
  • Tuscaloosa County Drug Court
  • Northport Municipal Court
  • Brookwood Municipal Court
  • Lakeview Municipal Court

1. Am I going to go to jail for a first offense with drugs?

It depends. Each person’s case has unique facts to that person. Of course, a person’s criminal history, background or lack thereof makes a difference. You should consult with an attorney and give a full and truthful explanation of your background. However, if it is your first offense and it is a minor drug violation, you will likely be eligible for probation.

2. Can the police just come in and search my home?

Law enforcement has the right to search premises under certain circumstances. If they have obtained a search warrant for that location, they can come in and search. If they are in pursuit of a fleeing felon, or if they have probable cause, they can also search. Once you consult with your attorney, he/she will obtain the necessary information to determine if the search was in violation of your Fourth Amendment rights.

3. Can I get Youthful Offender for a drug arrest if I am under 21?

If you are a person charged with drugs, and you we under 21 at the time of your arrest, you can be granted Youthful Offender status. This status will seal the court records so that the general public cannot view your criminal record. The judge will be the person that decides if Youthful offender can be granted.

4. Do I have to be from Alabama to get Youthful Offender?

No, any person that is under 21 at the time of their arrest can apply for Youthful Offender status regardless of which state you are from.

5. Will I lose my Driver’s License for a drug charge?

If you are convicted of a drug charge in the State of Alabama you will lose your driving privilege for a period of 6 months. You should still seek the advice of Jason C. Neff to protect your rights, and ensure that you don’t have to lose your driver’s license.

6. How can I tell if my drug charge is a misdemeanor or a felony?

You will need to consult with an experienced criminal attorney to make sure that your question is answered properly. However, there really are only two misdemeanor drug charges in Alabama: Possession of Marijuana in the Second Degree and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. All other charges are likely Felonies.

7. What is the cost of a drug conviction going on my criminal background?

That depends on if the conviction is for a felony or a misdemeanor. The long term effects of any conviction on your record are for a lifetime, and the costs are great. You should think about hiring an attorney because a conviction will follow you forever. Unless you are properly represented, this event in your life could cost you thousands of dollars and possible jobs, and it could even prevent you from getting into certain colleges and other schools.

8. How much will it cost with fines, classes, and court costs?

Each court in Tuscaloosa has different fees, fines, and costs. Also, depending on what number of drug charges this is for you, the cost will vary. Jason C. Neff can discuss with you what costs may apply to your case.

9. Do Tuscaloosa Courts have a Pre-Trial/Diversion Program?

Yes, Tuscaloosa courts do have Pre-Trial programs. You should consult with Jason C. Neff about any questions you have regarding this matter.

10. What can I do to help a family member/ friend that is in jail and can’t make bond or the bond is too high?

The bond is set by the arresting officer at the time of an arrest. Although bond reductions are available through the courts, they are a lengthy process. In most cases, bonds are not reduced until the preliminary hearing, which is 30-45 days from the date of the arrest. You should hire an attorney to seek a bond reduction.

Do You Need an Experienced Drug Defense Lawyer?

Contact Attorney Jason C. Neff for help!


Thank you so much for all you have done for John. We know you have gone beyond any expectations for him. It is up to him now. Thank you again.

Jason C. Neff , Attorney

Jason C. Neff , Attorney