Contact Us Today For Help!

Tuscaloosa Public Intoxication / Disorderly Conduct Lawyer


It is surprisingly easy how horsing around with your friends can turn into something very serious. If this has happened to you after you have been drinking and you are now facing disorderly conduct charges, it is important to work with an experienced criminal defense lawyer to avoid paying large fines, spending time in jail and gaining a bad reputation and a criminal record.

Attorney Jason C. Neff is here to help when you have found yourself in a bad situation and just want to put it behind you. Contact our disorderly conduct attorney to schedule a free consultation.

Our disorderly conduct attorney will work hard to fight for you and your rights when you have been charged with felony or misdemeanor disorderly conduct. Under Alabama law, disorderly conduct is considered a crime against the public health, in which a person fights or engages in tumultuous conduct that results in making unreasonable noise that disrupts a group of people.

A drunk person who acts in a dangerous or disturbing way in public is guilty of public intoxication. The violation of public intoxication happens when someone under the influence of alcohol or other drugs, goes to a public place, and then:

  • Causes a threat to property
  • Endangers either himself or others
  • Engages in boisterous and offensive conduct that bothers others who are nearby

Alabama defines the offense of public intoxication as appearing in a public place while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. But merely appearing to be under the influence is not itself a crime; people charged with this crime must be acting in a way that endangers themselves, another individual, or property, or annoying another person by behaving in a boisterous or offensive manner.

Alabama classifies public intoxication as a “violation.” Violations carry a maximum jail sentence of 30 days and fine of no more than $200. (Ala. Code § § 13A-5-7, 13A-5-12, 13A-11-10)

If you are charged with public intoxication in Alabama, you should speak with an attorney. 

Do You Need An Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer?

Contact Attorney Jason C. Neff for help!


Thank you so much for all you have done for John. We know you have gone beyond any expectations for him. It is up to him now. Thank you again.

Jason C. Neff , Attorney

Jason C. Neff , Attorney